Social Change is my Specialist Area. Working at the intersection of everyone else’s experience and specialist areas – is my Area of Expertise. This is the arena of the Unknown, it is where I excel – making connections where others see none, generating purpose, passion and potential everywhere.
The unknown as a vocational driver is neither sexy nor trending. Careers in the unknown aren’t popular – they are confronting, demanding, potentially contentious – but never dull.
The call of the unknown has provided me with opportunities to:
- support tertiary, secondary, primary education institutions
- assist SME’s evaluate and obtain their strategic goals
- collaborative with companies, incl., KPMG, BHP, Microsoft to develop graduate attribute programs
- start-up, manage and direct an adventure business delivering Deep Learning Experiences in remote locations
- lead an ethnographic study of labour hire and the gig economy in the Australian clothing industry
- voluntarily participate in HIV education field work in South Africa
- create and implement change initiatives that bring organisational directives, including Mission Statements, to life
- support organisations pursue Climate Change goals through Green Fleet education programs
- manage, interpret and promote the benefits of accreditation procedures – including Australian Federal Government quality initiatives
- lead and collaborate with NPO’s and government organisations to create and support inclusive participation strategies
- start-up Louise Bricknell & Associates.
In my personal life the call of the unknown has provided the impetus to:
- compete in sailing world championships
- race across oceans
- enjoy a number of creative activities
- initiate and jointly lead the first international mountain bike expedition around Mt. Kinabalu in Malaysian Borneo
- complete mountain bike guiding qualifications in Scotland (as part of the Scottish Mountain Bike Leadership Award scheme)
- hold Remote and Wilderness First Aid qualifications (the Borneo Expedition was a direct result of these experiences)
- join ten men (I didn’t know) – in a moment of madness – on wave sailing missions in Australia and Morocco.
A full CV, including publications, conferences, research projects can be provided upon request.
To read testimonials about working with Dr. Louise Bricknell please click HERE.